Monday, June 29, 2009

Cha Cha Cha


3433 SE Hawthorne Blvd
Happy Hour 3-6 p.m.

You might get the impression we like Mexican food from reading this blog. Well, we do! If you like cheap, delicious Mexican food, Cha Cha Cha is the place for you. There are multiple locations in Portland, but this time we visited the one on 33rd and Hawthorne.

Cha Cha Cha has good happy hour deals, but their normal prices are pretty great too. I ended up ordering my usual favorite, which is called Big Mama. This giant burrito has rice, potato chunks, and shredded beef. It is topped with green sauce, sour cream, and avocado slices. It was delicious and only $5.95.

While their happy hour house margaritas and sangria are just $3.00, I ordered something I wanted to try for awhile, which was a hibiscus margarita for $6.00. It tasted fine, but I couldn't really taste the hibiscus, so I wouldn't recommend it. It was pretty to look at though. Later I ordered a regular size sangria, also $6.00. Their sangria was decent but not my favorite. They put apples in it which was kind of weird. However, I have a boyfriend and a bff who make fabulous sangria, so I might be hard to impress.

The outdoor seating was nice on a beautiful summer day. Cha Cha Cha is also convenient if you are going with a group because you have to go up to the counter to order. This is nice because it lets you avoid any annoying awkward moments when trying to divide up the bill.

Overall Cha Cha Cha is a fun place to go with friends!

Food: Exceeds
Drink: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambience: Exceeds (outside)
Value: Exceeds

--E
Cha! Cha! Cha! on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment