Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cha Cha Cha


There were SO many things on the menu at Cha Cha Cha that I wanted to try, it made decision-making very difficult. But, that's a good sign for any restaurant. I ended up ordering off of the happy hour menu (which was hard to find as there were only two mixed in with all of the other regular menus - a ploy, I'm sure, to keep people from ordering cheap eats) which meant that I wasn't quite satisfied with the size of my meal.

O and I both ordered the veggie taco salad. I was a little worried when it first came out as the liquid from the beans was already soaking through the shell and had covered the entire plate. It didn't cause any problems, though...as I am a pretty fast eater and the whole thing had been gobbled up before the bottom of the shell could become entirely saturated. Maybe some people like their shells soggy, I don't know. Either way, the flavors mixed up in that small salad "bowl" went quite well together. Everything was so fresh. It was a perfect choice for a warm summer day.

Still sticking to the happy hour selections, I ordered a house margarita to accompany my meal. With a salted rim, it was a pleasant number. For the price, it was just right...but, it doesn't quite top my list of favorite places to enjoy margaritas.

As for the ambiance, I was quite impressed (knowing, I'm fairly certain that is, that this building used to house a British tea house) and especially enjoyed the outdoor seating. I would have preferred to have been seated at the comfy lounge chairs (risking the spill that most like would come with the less than adequate table space) but with the number of people joining us, it just wasn't to be.

Food: Exceeds
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Exceeds

-B

Cha! Cha! Cha!

No comments:

Post a Comment