Tuesday, August 04, 2009

McCormick & Schmick's

17015 SW 72nd Ave
Tigard, OR 97224

Happy Hour Daily (bar only) 3-6 pm and 9-close

Going to McCormick & Schmick's reminds me of stepping back into time, especially if you dine in the restaurant section. I have to admit, I am completely charmed by the overly polite service: "May I hang your coat for you?" and, "Excuse my reach," were two phrases I heard on my first visit. While the service in the bar at Happy Hour wasn't quite the same, this is definitely a Happy Hour menu that shouldn't be missed.


I really liked the variety on the food menu, and the prices were quite reasonable (please note that you also have to make a minimum $3.50 beverage purchase). There were items available for $1.95-$4.95. I ended up ordering the pork sliders ($4.95) and the cocktail special Absolut"ely" Divine ($6.75). My boyfriend ordered a beer (not on special, as far as I could tell) and a chicken quesadilla ($4.95) and a burger and fries ($2.95).


The pork sliders were definitely the best choice of the three dishes. The sauce was a perfect blend of spicy BBQ, and I am not even usually a huge pulled pork person. It also had coleslaw, which added to the flavor, even though I normally hate coleslaw. These were delicious and filling. I ate just the sliders for my meal, and I was full.


My boyfriend was pretty impressed with the cheeseburger, especially since it was only $2.95. He didn't really care for the fries, however, and left most of them behind. The quesadilla was pretty standard, but he ate it all without complaint. He seemed to like his beer, even though they didn't have his favorite, Mirror Pond, and he had to settle for Drop Top.

The highlight of the meal for me was the cocktail special. Absolut"ely" Divine was a mix of Absolut Raspberry, vanilla, lemon, and fresh raspberry puree. It was one of the best cocktails I have had in ages. It was a perfect balance between tasting good and having enough alcohol. It really lived up to its name!

Food: Meets
Drink: Exceeds
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets (some items Exceed)

--E
Mc Cormick & Schmick's Seafood on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment