Thursday, February 11, 2010

Country Cat Review

I don't really have much to say about Country Cat, although I did think that their Happy Hour was somewhat disappointing. Fortunately, Happy Hour was only from 5-6 p.m., so we started at The Observatory at around 4 p.m. The Observatory was excellent, as usual. Had I only been to Country Cat, I think I would have left hungry, but I had some french fries and wine at The Observatory.


I ordered a Skeet Tea to drink, which was sweet tea infused vodka mixed with lemonade. It was pretty good, but I am not really down with paying $8 for a drink during Happy Hour, especially on the east side. They didn't offer any drink specials that I could see, and their food specials weren't great either.


I ordered the pretzels for $4, which were really good except for the ground mustard that came with them. I hate any kind of mustard but yellow, and this was one of those situations where you think it is going to be a delicious dip and find out unexpectedly that it is the worst dip ever and almost vomit. I did love the pretzels, though, and they would be perfect with a yellow mustard, marinara sauce, ranch sauce, or a broccoli cheese sauce.

I have no complaints about the service and I had a good time, but I agree with my friend that I will not be returning for a Happy Hour here anytime soon.

Food: Meets
Drink: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Does Not Meet

--E

The Country Cat on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment