Saturday, March 13, 2010

Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant

17937 SE Stark St

Happy Hour in the Lounge



I really love Giuseppe's Pizza--it's one of my favorite pizza places in Portland. That being said, I wasn't too impressed with their Happy Hour. As far as atmosphere goes, the lounge area is very guy-oriented (not to make stereotypes about what guys might like, but we were the only ladies in the place besides the server). There were more TVs than I have ever seen in one place, and they were all tuned in to college basketball.


The menu was also guy-oriented, with lots of fried choices. Our table ended up ordering salads, three fried appetizers, and a bar sized pizza to share. I enjoyed my salad, but it was pretty basic. The appetizers were $1 off at Happy Hour, so they were very reasonably priced. We had fried ravioli, mozzarella sticks, and zucchini sticks. I only tried the zucchini and fried ravioli, and both were good but not great. I love zucchini sticks but these were nothing special. The pizza wasn't as good as usual either--maybe because we got the smallest size.


Giuseppe's does has a fun drink menu, and the drinks were 50 cents off at Happy Hour. I ordered a Dirty Arnold Palmer and then a Grape Peak. I wasn't driving, so I also ordered a Vodka Tonic. Again, all were good, but they weren't great. My individual total was a little more than I usually would like to pay at Happy Hour, but I did order fancy drinks, so that's what happens.

The one thing that I did love about this Happy Hour experience was the server. She was great! She was super friendly, answered our (many) questions, had helpful suggestions, came back to check on us multiple times, and was there right away when we wanted to order something else. She was definitely one of the best servers ever!

Food: Nearly Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Exceeds
Ambiance: Nearly Meets--too many boys
Value: Meets

--E

Giuseppe's Italian

No comments:

Post a Comment