Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Romo's Latin Quarter - CLOSED

7915 SE Stark Street
Happy Hour 5-6 p.m.
(Closed Mondays)

Latin Quarter is a mystery to me. It is on a popular street with other popular restaurants, but it seems to remain fairly empty most of the time. It has delicious food, always has great service, yet it is not a busy restaurant. People seem to be flowing out of The Country Cat and Ya Hala, but Latin Quarter is virtually ignored.

I have been here a number of times and have never been disappointed. My absolute favorite thing to eat here is one of the two vegetarian specials, but I can't remember the name of it. I think it is some kind of spinach enchilada, and it is the best. I had never been for Happy Hour, however, but I was eager to try it and give the restaurant some much needed publicity! (Ha ha)


The Happy Hour menu was small, but I liked the options. The choices included red or green chicken burritos, tacos, beans and rice, or guacamole and chips. The house margaritas were on special for $4.50 or you can get a strawberry margarita for $5.50.

Our table started out with the free chips and salsa, which are both homemade (the chips came out warm). I really like how the salsa is hot and the chips are extra salty. These are some of my favorite chips and salsa, and I LOVE chips and salsa, so I have many previous chips and salsa experiences to compare these ones to.

I ordered two house margaritas on the rocks, and again, these are some of the best margaritas. There is a good balance between alcohol content and flavor. I hate it when you order a margarita and it is too strong or has too much sour mix. These were perfect, and I am still feeling the margarita buzz about an hour later, so they weren't watered down. My friend really enjoyed her strawberry margarita as well.

For my dinner I ended up ordering a red chile burrito ($4) which was delicious but pretty spicy. A friend ordered the green one and also mentioned the spice. My friends ordered tacos, beans and rice, and guacamole, and they all seemed pleased with what they received.


The service was really good. Our server was quick and efficient, and she didn't mind dividing up our tab (in fact, she offered).

I really hope that this restaurant catches on because it is a great place. It's not too expensive, has great food, and has good service and a nice atmosphere.

Food: Exceeds
Drinks: Exceeds
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Exceeds

--E

Romo's Latin Quarter on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment