Saturday, March 06, 2010

Tapalaya, part 2

Happy Hour Daily, 4:30-6 p.m.

28 NE 28th Ave
Portland, OR 97232

http://www.tapalaya.com/

The concept of Tapalaya is interesting--small plates of New Orleans-style food. I really, really liked it. I hadn't heard of it before my friend suggested trying it out, so I had no expectations at all, but I thought it was a great place.


Our group started with a round of Hurricanes ($3 during Happy Hour--half price!), and they were delicious--fruity and strong. The food concept at Tapalaya is small plates of New Orleans-style food, so I ordered three things: cornbread ($2), fried pickles ($2), and a pulled pork sandwich with apple slaw ($5). The cornbread and pulled pork sandwich were from the regular menu. My favorite item was definitely the cornbread--it was sweet, warm and crumbly. I also liked the unique taste of the pulled pork sandwich with the apple slaw. I wasn't a huge fan of the fried pickles so only had a few, which was strange because I love pickles.


I am not generally someone who seeks out Southern food, but I would be glad to go back to Tapalaya again. The atmosphere, service, food, and drinks made me very happy.


Food: Exceeds
Drinks: Exceeds
Service: Exceeds
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Exceeds

--E

Tapalaya on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment