Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Deck

The Deck
2915 NE Marine Drive
Happy Hour 12-6 p.m.

The Deck is definitely a place that is more about atmosphere than about the food. Don't get me wrong, the food was decent, but the real draw here is the novelty of a floating restaurant. My boyfriend and I were able to ride up on his boat, hop out, and sit down outside on the water. To me, this made the visit worthwhile!


Another plus about this restaurant is that they are dog-friendly. We were able to bring my boyfriend's Jack Russell, and the waitress seemed happy to have him as a guest--she even brought him his own little bucket of water. The service here was really friendly and attentive in general.


The Happy Hour specials weren't that great, really, although it is nice that Happy Hour is so lengthy here. There really aren't any healthy choices on the Happy Hour menu, so we went a little crazy ordering extremely unhealthy items. Sometimes you just have to do that in the name of Happy Hour reporting, right?


We ended up ordering the cheeseburger sliders ($5 for two), the chili ($4 ), and the nachos ($5 for a half order). The cheeseburger sliders were my least favorite--they were totally not worth five dollars, and the meat seemed a little on the rare side, which worried me. The chili was pretty good, and it came with a bag of Fritos, which really added to the joy of eating it. The nachos were the best value because they were really big. They weren't the best nachos I have ever had, but they were pretty good.


They offer $1 off on beer and wine and $3.50 well drinks. I got a speciality cocktail ($6.75)--the lava, which was a mix of a pina colada and strawberry margarita. I also got a vodka tonic. My boyfriend was happy with his $2.75 Pacificos.


We were both pleasantly full after our experience at The Deck. If I hadn't ordered the sliders or the lava drink, our visit would have been a much better value for the money. I had a good time here, and I would come back again in the future.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Nearly Meets
--E
The Deck on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure that's chili? It looks more like a bowl of cheddar cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jiangsu yaxing anchor chain co., LTD. (AsAc) is a professional engaged in Marine cable and Marine mooring chain production enterprise, and it is China's Marine cable and Marine studless anchor chain production and export base, is the world's one of the largest in the industry, the most has the comprehensive strength of the modern enterprise.

    ReplyDelete