Friday, July 30, 2010

Jake's Famous Crawfish

Jake's Famous Crawfish
401 Southwest 12th Avenue
Happy Hour Daily 3-6 p.m.
Sunday-Thursday 9 p.m.-close
Friday-Saturday 10 p.m.-close

We arrived at Jake's just after 3 p.m. and were lucky to get an outdoor seat for Happy Hour. Jake's has a great Happy Hour food menu. Like McCormick and Schmick's, it has a tiered menu, offering food selections for $1.95, $2.95, $3.95, and $4.95. The catch is that you have to order a drink for at least $3.50, which means if you don't want to drink alcohol you are probably out of luck. This was not a problem for me, though, because in the summer I love nothing more than an afternoon cocktail. I wish that they offered Happy Hour discounts on drinks here (maybe at least one drink special?), but I guess that they get away with it because they have such an extensive cheap food menu.

I ended up starting with a vodka tonic ($6). This drink was pretty standard, and I had a vodka collins ($7) as well. Both were refreshing.


I ended up going with the $2.95 cheeseburger and fries. If you eat meat, this is probably the best value on the menu. This was big enough to fill me up for the evening, and it was really good, too. It was way better than you could get at a fast food place, for about the same price (or cheaper if you go somewhere like Burgerville). I was really impressed.


Even though I was full, I didn't turn down my friend's offer of sharing some spinach/artichoke dip ($1.95). This was good spinach dip with warm tortilla chips. It was pretty standard Happy Hour fare, but the price was definitely right.

Another exciting thing about Jake's was their mini desserts. They had three choices for $3.25 each--creme brulee, berry cobbler, and strawberry shortcake. I ordered the strawberry shortcake, and it was the perfect amount for me since I was already full. I wish more restaurants would offer these mini desserts!


Jake's is a great place if you are in the mood for a Happy Hour that doubles as dinner. If you are in the mood for just a small snack and multiple drinks, it would probably be more cost effective to go somewhere else where you can get cheaper well drinks or drink specials.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets
--E

Jake's Famous Crawfish on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment