Thursday, July 08, 2010

Night Light Lounge

2100 SE Clinton
Happy Hour 3-7 pm daily,
late night H.H. Sunday-Thursday 11 pm-1 am

$8.50 for a glass of wine and a nice cheese platter? What a great deal!


This week we had a bigger group, and the server couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. We had a number of people arriving at different times, and the server was very attentive and helpful. She also gave us each our own bill, which made figuring out payment really easy for us.

We were seated in a couch/coffee table area, which was comfortable but wasn't the best for socializing with everyone in our party. Next time I want to sit at a table so I can try to talk to everyone. It was a little toasty due to the 95+ degree weather in Portland, but other than that it was a relaxed and fun atmosphere.

The Happy Hour menu had a lot of choices, and the regular menu offered a lot of low-cost options as well. There were great food and drink specials, including specials on well drinks, beer, and wine. I love it when you can save money on food and drinks, not just one or the other!

I ordered the cheese platter ($5), and a glass of house white ($3.50 at Happy Hour!) The cheese platter came with candied hazelnuts, dried apricots, brie, blue cheese, toasted slices of baguette, and another kind of cheese I couldn't identify. I really enjoyed all of it and ate every bite! It was filling enough that I didn't need to order anything else, which is always a plus.


Other things ordered by the table included ham and cheese hush puppies, spicy mac and cheese, nachos, and a house salad. I only tried the nachos, which were pretty good--it was a little unusual that they didn't have any beans on top, but I liked the cheese and the spicy flavor. The house salad and mac and cheese looked really good, but I was not lucky enough to try a bite. I will definitely go back to try those.

Night Light Lounge was a winner for Happy Hour!

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Exceeds
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Exceeds

--E

Night Light Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment