Saturday, August 21, 2010

Alleyway Cafe and Bar

2415 NE Alberta Street

The Alleyway was our last stop on the birthday night of happy hours and it'll probably show if you choose to keep reading. We started in the early afternoon at the Tin Shed, spent the dinner hour at Ciao Vito, were disappointed to learn that Wine Down East is currently without a dessert chef (like you can't go out and buy a few cakes to put on display), ate ice cream instead at Tonallis, and stopped in for a drink (or two) at Binks before finally making it to the Alleyway. It sounds like a long night, and it was.

The Alleyway Cafe seems like a great place but might not be as popular as some of the other places on and around Alberta Street. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it didn't seem nearly as crowded as the other places we'd been to that evening. They did, however, have all sorts of fun to offer. We moved our way to the tables out back when first entering. We walked right past the pinball machines (fun!) and found...building all kinds of suspense...a ping pong table. What a fantastic way to embarrass yourself in front of strangers. And friends. I loved it! We picked up the paddles when we first ordered drinks.


I ordered a dessert martini which was probably a big mistake after all that I'd already had (including the ice cream). I took one sip and set it aside. I'm sure it was tasty and ultra rich and creamy...but I was SO past drinking by this point. (I guess that's what I get for starting at 4 in the afternoon. I know some people can do it...but not me.)


Along with drinks and ping pong, we also ordered a plate of the sweet potato fries. (You know how important it can be to add a little fried goodness to the end of a long celebratory kind of night!) And they were a perfect way to end the night. So salty. So yummy. So not something that I had meant to share with EVERYONE. Next time, I'll have to remember to order more than one plate of fries.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

-b

Alleyway Café and Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment