Friday, August 20, 2010

Ciao Vito

2203 NE Alberta
Happy Hour Daily 4-8 p.m.

The next stop on our Happy Hour Birthday Extravaganza was Ciao Vito. Since we had a large group the birthday girl made a reservation. I thought it was nice that they let us do a reservation for Happy Hour, and they had a big table set up both outside and inside so we could take our pick.

I have to say I am slightly biased about Ciao Vito because I had my first date with my boyfriend there two years ago, and we have also been back on Valentine's Day two years in a row. I think this restaurant is romantic and has great food (especially their pork chops--I always get one because they are so amazing).

I started with a glass of the house white wine ($4). I don't remember what kind it was, but I really enjoyed it, and I thought it was a good value for the price. It was crisp and refreshing, and I ordered another glass later on.


I wasn't really that hungry since we had just done happy hour, so I decided to try just one thing--the antipasti platter ($5). I have had the larger version a few times before at dinner, and each time they have varied what they offer on it. This time there was some bruschetta (the tomatoes were great, but I have always disliked bruschetta because it is too crunchy), what seemed like home made pickles (really, really good), salami (also good), shrimp salad (not my favorite, but decent), frittata (definitely my least favorite item on the plate), and a cucumber salad (really good). I was pretty satisfied with my choice, but the time that I liked the antipasti platter the best was a time that it came with marinated veggies.


We also got free bread with some sort of dip that seemed to be olive oil and hummus mixed together. The bread was super soft and delicious.

Our service was great (I have always experienced good service here). I thought that the servers were attentive and made sure that everything was going well, and I also liked how easy it was to split up the bill. I can't believe that they have happy hour every night until eight, either. It definitely makes it worth it to give this restaurant a try even if you don't have money for the more expensive dinner menu.

Food: Meets
Drink: Exceeds
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

--E

Ciao Vito on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment