Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Serratto

2112 NW Kearney
Happy Hour 4-6 p.m. daily

One of our BFFs has been raving about Serratto's Happy Hour for awhile. This is the girl who introduced us to Savoy's cheese curds, so we knew we had to listen! We finally were able to make it, and it ended up being a fairly big group--eight people (and one little person). We were able to grab two tables outside and put them together, which was nice because the weather was absolutely perfect.


I've talked before about how it seems that most Happy Hour places seem to have either great food specials or great drink specials but don't often have both. I am excited to say that Serratto has both! They have $5 wine or cocktails (cosmos, lemon drops, or margaritas), which is a good deal. The lemon drops were perfect. This is my favorite cocktail, and I am kind of particular about them. The lemon drops here have a perfect balance of flavor (not too much alcohol, not too sweet) and they have a superfine sugared rim. I am okay with a regular sugared rim, too, but the superfine gives it a little something extra.


Some of the food specials are a little more spendy than some places, but they are definitely worth it. This is the kind of place where Happy Hour doubles as dinner. I got a pepperoni pizza ($8) and even after giving away one piece I ended up taking home two pieces as leftovers--this is coming from someone with a healthy appetite who did not eat lunch in anticipation of Happy Hour! The burger ($6) looked amazing--it came with bacon, onion straws, cheese, and french fries. Our friends said that it is their favorite Happy Hour burger in Portland, and I really want to try it!


Our service was great too. Our server was super nice, helpful, and attentive. I only felt bad because we had a big party and it was one of those automatic 18% gratuities. Something happened with splitting up the bill on the computer with credit cards that made it short, and so she ended up getting just the 18%. I didn't quite understand what happened, but I was sad that she didn't get the bigger tip that she definitely deserved. I hate those automatic gratuities because I usually tip at least 20%, and they always make it really confusing when you are trying to split the bill up among so many people. I understand why they do it, because often when large parties split bills the servers end up getting screwed over, but I wish that it didn't make the bill so confusing.

I had a great time at Serratto, and I will be back for future Happy Hours and dinners!

Food: Meets
Drinks: Exceeds
Service: Exceeds
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

-E

Serratto on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment