Monday, September 27, 2010

Old Chicago at Mall 205

10300 Southeast Washington Street
Portland, OR 97216
3-6 daily, and 10-midnight

Old Chicago is one of my favorite chain restaurants for Happy Hour, mostly because you can really fill up here for not too much money. I have been here many times in the past after work, but we hadn't ever actually written a review, so it must have been quite a while.

I started with a Bridgeport IPA, on special during Happy Hour. I also ordered the side salad with balsamic. This is one of my favorite side salads because they have slivered almonds sprinkled on top. You get a pretty good portion for a pretty small price, and it is a really good salad.


Next I ordered the personal sized Happy Hour pizza. You get one topping (or you can add more for an additional cost.) Really, if you order the pizza and the salad you are set for dinner. I ended up spending $10.27 before tip, which is not a bad deal for dinner with friends.


The other thing I really like about Old Chicago is one of their desserts. A warm chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream on top is my absolute favorite dessert of all time, and they have it here. I didn't have room for it this time, but it is something I highly recommend.


Old Chicago is good--not great--and it gets the job done!

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

--E

Old Chicago on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for a great pizza place to review, check out Apizza Scholl's on SE Hawthorne. One of my favorites in Portland!

    ReplyDelete