Sunday, May 29, 2011

Madison's Grill

1109 SE Madison
http://www.madisonsgrill.com/
Happy Hour 3-6 p.m daily, and 10 p.m.-close on weekends

Note: I forgot my camera AGAIN, so I apologize for the IPhone pictures. What kind of a blogger am I?


My boyfriend and I were going to try a Mexican restaurant for Happy Hour, but when we got there I realized I had already been there (and we also missed the turn). Right around the corner was Madison's Grill, which I realized had contacted us on Twitter a long time ago saying we should come try their Happy Hour! That kind of invitation makes me feel like a professional blogger, even though I CLEARLY am not, so I thought we should give it a try.


Madison's has a pretty extensive beer list with some unusual-sound beers as well as familiar ones. Beer is 75 cents off at HH, so I decided to try my old favorite, Hefeweizen. My boyfriend went with a beer from Walking Man Brewery in Hood River. Later on I had a $3.75 vodka tonic.


The food menu is divided into sections based on price. There were lots of items that sounded good. We were our usual greedy selves, and we decided to get four items to share. This works at some Happy Hours, but at Madison's you should probably stick to one each or share three. We had way too much food. The best of the lot was the $5 chicken nachos. I enjoyed the spicy shredded chicken and olives a lot. We didn't even finish half of it, though, because it was so big and we had so much to eat. My boyfriend enjoyed his wings at the time ($4), but then when we talked about it later on in the evening he said that he felt they weren't quite hot enough (temperature, not spice). I thought it was a pretty great value because it came with about nine wings. The fish and chips were good, and I especially liked the tartar sauce ($5). My least favorite were the tacos ($4), but they weren't bad either. Every item came with a different sort of dipping sauce, which I really liked.


The server was friendly and had the unusual facial hair that makes Portland so endearing. My boyfriend thought service was a little slow, but it was pretty busy there. There was also some sort of bachelorette thing happening in the upstairs area.

Another cool thing is that they offer "almost bottomless" Mimosas at brunch on the weekends. I don't know what that means, but I really want to come back and find out!

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

--E

Madison's Bar and Grill on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Madison's is a cool place. And they have bottomless Mimosas!!

    ReplyDelete