Friday, August 05, 2011

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

850 SW Broadway
Happy Hour: 4 - 7 PM, Monday through Friday

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse recently moved from its longstanding location on Third Avenue to its new space on Broadway. This new locale should keep the place pretty busy being that it's just steps from Pioneer Courthouse Square. Even those people who aren't willing to drop fifty bucks on a steak can enjoy the tasty steakhouse flavors with their new six dollar Sizzle, Swizzle and Swirl Happy Hour menu.


That new menu, however, does not include a single vegetarian option. Not one. I swear I remember seeing that they had mac and cheese (typical of most steakhouses, right?) on the happy hour menu when they were still housed on Third Avenue. So after finding a seat at the bar, I pulled out my phone to find another place to eat.


We did order drinks before leaving. I ordered the Classic Cosmo and my boyfriend ordered Ruth's Manhattan (made with Jim Beam). The Cosmo was tasty and served in a chilled martini glass. The bartender mixed is up in a single serving martini shaker and poured it right in front of me (super classy, I think).

I took a peak at the food being served all around us. The portions look a little small for six bucks...but they were fancy cuts of steak and lobster. I suppose if I were a meat eater, I'd be in a happy place (with good food at a good price).

Food: N/A
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

-b


Ruth's Chris Steak House

2 comments:

  1. Not even a salad? I know it's a steakhouse but there's usually a salad or some kind of non-meat item. Weird.

    I've never been, I've wanted to check out the restaurant but the website didn't have any prices the last time I checked it and don't want to go to a restaurant where I don't know what I'm getting into...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been there either but I hate it when there is no salad in the Happy Hour menu.

    ReplyDelete