Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stanford's--Lloyd Center Location

913 Lloyd Center
Happy Hour Daily 3-6 p.m.

My boyfriend has been raving about the house made tater tots from the Stanford's Jantzen Beach location, so we decided to go to the Lloyd Center location since it is near our house. When we ordered, we were told that they are a large enough portion to share, but we opted for two orders anyway. My boyfriend also ordered the ribs and rings, and I ordered the house salad and mac and cheese to share. The prices were slightly higher than listed on the website, but they were still fairly cheap. For some reason, I thought Stanford's didn't have drink specials at happy hour. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they have $4 beer, house wine and well drinks, so I ordered a Hefeweizen.


Unfortunately, the server came back to the table and said that they were all out of the tater tots. My boyfriend was crushed, but he decided to order the BBQ quesadilla instead. I was also deeply saddened by this turn of events, and I decided to replace my tater tots with the french fries sampler.


I love the house salad and always order it here because it has extra stuff in it that makes it more special than a typical house salad. It has bacon chunks, jack cheese, cucumber, and tomatoes, and the balsamic dressing is really good here. I do not like egg in my salad, so I ask for it without. The fries were also extra delicious--they were fresh-cut and not too crispy, and they were divided into three sections with mild spices on each one. There were also three dipping sauces--an onion one, a ranch, and a BBQ. All three were good, but the best was probably the ranch. It was also a huge portion.


My boyfriend liked both of his selections, but I didn't try them. The only bad menu item we got was the mac and cheese. It had a strange taste to it--sort of like dish soap. I wonder if the dish still had soap residue on it when the mac and cheese was put in? Anyway, we didn't have more than a few bites due to the soapy taste. Too bad, because I have heard that they have great mac and cheese.


The service was good (it usually is here), and I would definitely recommend this place for Happy Hour. I only hope next time they are not out of tots!

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

--E

Stanford's Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I am slightly obsessed with tasting all the french fries in the world, but I've never been to Stanford's despite it being near my house. This problem will be resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete