Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pour Wine Bar & Bistro

2755 NE Broadway Street
Happy Hour: 4:30 - 6:30

It's been a long time since I've spent SO little at happy hour. Honestly, I could have walked out with a five dollar tab that night. And that's almost unheard of. Pour has three dollar (mystery) pours--both red and white--for three dollars and snacks--just a few--for two. There's plenty to choose from (at reasonable prices) on the regular menu (desserts, too) but we decided to stick to the happy hour offerings.


I had a glass of red wine while my fiance tried the white. Both were heavy pours (which makes the three dollar price tag even more of a value) and both were quite pleasant. And since they were mystery pours, the server described the qualities of the wine as they were delivered. I like the idea of not knowing what's on its way to the table...but I did overhear that the couple across the way weren't as impressed. It wasn't a problem, though, as the server was able to find something more to their liking without much fuss.


The warmed olives added just enough salt to the table (without ruining our appetites for dinner). If we didn't already have dinner plans, I'm sure we could have found something to keep us there. They have plenty of food options and--although they aren't discounted during happy hour--they are all priced quite well. I think the most expensive thing was just eight dollars.

I know that I'll be back again someday for the fantastic prices but I'm also excited about the wine room. I love the idea of being able to search through the racks (with some knowledgeable person leading the way) to select the perfect bottle to share. How fun!

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Exceeds

-b


Pour Wine Bar & Bistro

No comments:

Post a Comment