Saturday, October 01, 2011

Lucky House

5905 NE Halsey St.
Happy Hour Daily 3-7 p.m.

I am not a big Chinese food fan, but I am a fan of Lucky House's Happy Hour. I drove past Lucky House countless times on the way to the gym or Trader Joe's, and I thought it was just a dive bar (it kind of is, to be honest). One day my boyfriend was craving Chinese food, so he did an Internet search and found that that bar we've driven past countless times also serves Chinese food. Even better, it is within walking distance of our house!


Since then, we have gone there three more times. They have a pretty good Happy Hour, especially if you like fried Chinese appetizers. All of their micro brews on tap are $3.25, well drinks are $3.00, and they even have a variety of wines for $3.00. They always have a drink special, too, if you want a more interesting mixed drink (last night it was an orange creamsicle).

We've tried their salt and pepper chicken, crab puffs, and BBQ pork from the Happy Hour menu--all were good but small portions. From their regular menu, my boyfriend loves their special fried rice, and I love the beef and broccoli (fresh and cooked perfectly both times). We've also tried the orange chicken (not my favorite) and the Szechuan chicken (really spicy, which is a good thing).


What is even better than the beef and broccoli is the service. Every time I have been here they have been really friendly and make you feel right at home. You can tell why this place is so busy despite its less-than-stellar appearance--the servers are just so nice!

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Exceeds
Ambiance: Nearly Meets (music was too loud on our last visit
and the decor is not my favorite)
Value: Meets

--E

Lucky House Restaurant & Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment