Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pazzo Ristorante

627 SW Washington
Happy Hour: 3 - 6 PM

Pazzo Ristorante is another one of those fantastic places in Portland offering HUGE portions for discounted prices during happy hour. I love it. I know that I'll be back soon. I'm guessing it will be on one of the rainy Sundays when I just don't feel like cooking. Maybe it'll be next Sunday. Maybe the Sunday after.


It doesn't have to be a Sunday, through. That I know for sure. Happy Hour is available at Pazzo Monday through Sunday from three to six. So anytime you are in the mood for dinner...and you can get in before six...do it. It's good food and good service at a great price.


For six dollars I had a plate of stuffed manicotti that came out all bubbly and cheesy. It was delicious. It had been stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, and zucchini as well as a whole lotta ricotta (I couldn't resist...). The veggies weren't too obvious, though, so if you are one of those anti-zucchini people, you should still give this plate a try. A bite, at least.


I used some of the delicious bread that had been delivered to our table when we first sat down to sop up the extra sauce from my manicotti. (Yes, I said bread. Three kinds of bread...including foccacia. And it was served with olive oil and balsamic.)


On the other end of the table was one of Pazzo's Brick Oven Pizza. Yes, I know that Brick Oven Pizzas aren't all that new. But these ones are extra special because even during happy hour, YOU get to pick the toppings. There's a whole lot to choose from and every pizza gets up to three. The pizza is seven dollars but big enough to reach the edge of the plate. And no one complains if you ask to take a little bit home. (In fact, they'll box it for you.)


Along with the scrumptious Italian favorites came two lovely glasses of wine (one red and one white). Wine is priced at five dollars during happy hour (well drinks and draft beer are just $3.50) but are nice selections.

I was super impressed with the service (both from the hostess and our server) as well. They were friendly, informative, and gave us the space (and the time) we needed without disappearing for too long.

Pazzo is most definitely another favorite to add to the list. (But I'm afraid that my list of TOP happy hours in Portland is getting to be too long. I guess that's good news for Portland, though.)

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Exceeds

-b


Pazzo Ristorante

No comments:

Post a Comment