Saturday, November 12, 2011

Southpark Seafood Grill & Wine Bar

901 SW Salmon Street
Happy Hour: 3 - 6 PM, Wine Bar & Patio


I really do love the ambiance of a place like Southpark. The wine bar has a mix tall and short tables, and the long red drapery creates small little pockets of seclusion. Or there's the bar itself, where you can sit and watch the drinks being made. It was pretty slow when we were in on a late afternoon a few Saturdays ago. Downtown wasn't as busy with holiday shopping then. I'm sure that if I went back again within the next month, it'd be packed. Southpark is a perfect place to stop when shopping or before a show.


We stopped in after a long day of dress shopping. (Trying to find the perfect white dress is time consuming...and is best followed up with some sort of relaxing event. My event of choice is almost always happy hour.) I was ready to order a five dollar glass of red wine almost minutes within being seated.




The food selections during happy hour are a bit limited for someone who doesn't eat meat. My sister, the pescatarian, was quite pleased to find both crab cakes and calamari on the menu. Rather than deciding between the two, she and my fiance planned to share a few bites of each. And I stuck with the garbanzo beans.


I've had roasted chickpeas at a couple of other happy hour locations. (I've also had roasted chickpeas from a bag that were intended to replace peanuts...without as much success.) I like them. I like them so much that I really need to make them at home.


Also at the table was a cheese plate. The server did his best to suggest the charcuterie plate because it came with so much more...but without as many meat eaters at the table, it just wasn't going to sell. The cheese plate came with fruit and nuts and three kinds of cheeses but did not come with bread! Thankfully, the server was willing to bring some when requested and then bring even more when we finished the first.

Although this wasn't the only happy hour of the evening, I did enjoy myself quite a bit. So much so that I might just make a return trip before the year's out. Winter Break is scheduled to be extra long this year (thanks to the many furlough days of the school year) and a day spent at the art museum followed by another five dollar glass of red wine sounds inviting.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Exceeds
Value: Meets

-b


Southpark Seafood Grill & Wine Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment