Monday, June 11, 2012

Chevy's Fresh Mex

12520 SE 93rd Ave
Clackamas, OR
Happy Hour: Daily 2 - 7 PM


I'm not the biggest fan of what I have always referred to as homogenized restaurants. Sure, they're safe...because no matter which location you hit, the menu's the same and the food tastes exactly as you remember. And they are often conveniently located. No, chain restaurants are NOT my favorite...but there are a few that have a lot to offer. At Chevy's, they have portabello mushroom and asparagus fajitas (a combination I have learned to love and now recreate at home), that yummy sweet corn cake that comes with almost any entree as a mini-dessert, and a super-duper EARLY happy hour. Two o'clock is more lunch than dinner...which means you can benefit from the discounted prices early in the day, too. 


I stopped in with one of my best friends after spending an hour shopping for bridesmaid dresses. One hour doesn't sound like near enough time, I know. This was the preliminary trip. We will go again next weekend. After all that time spent in the fitting room, we were in need of lunch (because who's going to eat before trying on dresses) and happy hour was just starting.


The happy hour menu is mostly meat...but they do have their signature guacamole appetizer listed. It's made fresh at your table, which allows you to control the heat (more or less jalapeno) and the over abundance of cilantro (because some people like it and others DO NOT. (I actually really like the stuff, but my fiance is only just learning to like it. He, like so many others, think it tastes like soap.)


Along with the guacamole (and bottomless chips and salsa), we shared the chopped salad. It wasn't on the happy hour menu but came at a great price. It was served with both chicken and bacon, but they were happy to accommodate my needs and left those two ingredients on the side. I loved the fresh corn and chunks of avocado.  All of the yummy flavors combined made it easy to not miss the salsa vinaigrette that I had completely overlooked when loading up my plate.


As for a beverage, I spent quite a bit of time pondering their list of fancy cocktails. In the end, I decided to go basic and enjoy a margarita. They have plenty of flavors to choose from if you aren't up for an original. Blended or not. With or without salt. They are all good.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Service: Meets
Value: Meets

 -b

 Chevys Fresh Mex









No comments:

Post a Comment