Monday, June 11, 2012

Produce Row Cafe

204 SE Oak Street
Happy Hour: 3 - 6 PM


Summer is here! Well, technically, I'm just enjoying the sun during the five days of furlough that we had left to serve. It sure feels like summer, though. And that is why I can finally say that I'm ready to blog, blog, BLOG. (Which really means, I'm ready for some serious happy hour-ing. Yes, it's a verb!)


On the first day of break, my fiance and I celebrated the end of a VERY long year by hitting up Produce Row Cafe. He'd been there plenty of times, but it was my first visit. I loved it. Service was fantastic. The food was yummy. They have beer and whiskey pairings.  And they have something on their menu called a waffle sandwich, which--minus the bacon--sounds heavenly.


We started with drinks. I ordered the five-dollar drink of the day--a cosmopolitan on the rocks. My fiance ordered one of the pairings. He's a whiskey guy. Or, a scotch guy. Or, maybe a bourbon guy. I'm still trying to figure out the difference. Either way, the menu of pairings seemed to make him happy.

Since we had dinner plans, we only needed a snack. (Of course, I hadn't eaten lunch...so I was ready for a BIG snack.) I ordered the pita pizza (it was one of the only veggie options) from the happy hour menu and a side salad from the dinner menu.


The pizza had the perfect amount of balsamic drizzled over the melted cheese. It made for an interesting appearance but a pretty fantastic flavor.


And the salad came with freshly baked bread. So good!


My fiance ordered the pulled pork quesadilla (that's the third I've seen on a happy hour menu in the past couple of months--must be the new trending food item). He was a little hesitant to try it with the coleslaw and ordered that to be on the side.

Such a fantastic way to start the summer. If only it had been warm enough to sit on the patio out back. That is the ONLY thing that would have made it any better.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Service: Exceeds
Value: Meets

-b

Produce Row Cafe


2 comments:

  1. I remember when Produce Row was a total dive bar and I went there recently for happy hour to find that they had remodeled! It looks great inside and the food was really good. Try the nachos next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh. That drink and the food look fantastic! I'd love to get this post featured in the blog section on the Portland page of Dwellable. If you're interested, please shoot me an email [inna at dwellable dot com]. Thanks so much! Hope you're having a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete