Thursday, June 21, 2012

Secret Society

116 NE Russell Street
Happy Hour: 5 - 7 AND 10 to close, Sunday - Thursday


It's tiny. And dark (which is why my pictures are awful and so completely limited). But, it's GOOD. The portions are beyond what you expect at happy hour, the drinks are of high high HIGH quality, and the service was phenomenal (maybe better than usual because we sat at the bar, but still phenomenal). I will most definitely return. Again and again, I will.


We ended up here for late night happy hour after a political shindig at the Memorial Coliseum. We had been expecting shorter lines for the food cart happenings and left that place a little hungry. And...it was the first week of summer break, so we were up late and it didn't matter if we stayed up even later.


Sitting at the bar made it easy to watch the bartender at work. She was just about to pour four identical (somewhat frothy) drinks when we sat down. I asked, of course...and we ordered three of the same. I had never had a Pisco Sour, before. (Thankfully, I had already had drinks made with egg whites or I might have been a little too hesitant given the description.) It was perfectly delicious.


I was most impressed with the size of the popcorn. Seriously, we got the giant bowl all covered with Parmesan for three dollars. It's perfect for sharing! And they've got two flavors to choose from, making it one of those items that will please the crowds.


The macaroni and cheese was crazy hot when it arrived, but cooled down fast enough that we were all able to enjoy it. It was creamy and yummy and a most delicious late night treat. We were sharing this treat, though, so we didn't stop there.


Our last treat really was a treat. I love when desserts are included on the happy hour menu. It's one of those things that deserves extra credit, I think. An ice cream sundae topped with whipped cream, chopped nuts, and a maraschino cherry is a pretty fantastic way to end a late-night happy hour adventure. Yum!

Food: Exceeds
Drinks: Meets
Service: Exceeds
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

-b

Secret Society

1 comment:

  1. I've wanted to try this place for ages! Glad to hear it's good.

    ReplyDelete