Monday, July 09, 2012

Couture Ultra Lounge

28 NW 4th Avenue
Happy Hour: 8 - 10 PM



It became obvious to me that I must have some sort of blogging addiction when I stopped to take pictures of my food at my co-blogger's bachelorette party. I didn't know that it was going to be happy hour...but when we arrived at Couture earlier than the rest of the group to set things up, we learned that we had about fifteen minutes to order all the discounted items we wanted. And so we did.


Drink specials are super low in price (but might also be a bit watered down). You can get well drinks for three dollars, beer for two, or a glass of champagne for just a buck.



To share with the table, I ordered a plate of edamame and a bowl of the mac and cheese. The edamame had a little spice to it. The macaroni and cheese wasn't as easy to share, but was enjoyed by everyone who had a taste. It was far creamier than some happy hour mac and cheese. I was almost surprised. (It's not like they specialize in food items--it's a dance club.)


We also went through two orders of the house cut fries. They were served in wax paper cones (always a cute way to present something so ordinary) and came with both a spicy ketchup and an aioli. Although the ketchup was listed on the menu as being spicy, I think it was mixed with sweet chili sauce...making it sweeter than ketchup normally is.

I can't say for sure if I'll be back to Couture anytime soon. (It was my first time, and I was only there because of a bachelorette party.) If I do go, though, I'll be sure to get there just before ten so that I can benefit from the happy hour pricing.


Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Exceeds

-b


Couture Ultra Lounge

1 comment:

  1. The beading on the dress is beautifully and detailed. The material is smooth and of high quality. It has "weight" to it. I cannot believe the deal I got!

    ReplyDelete