Thursday, July 19, 2012

Killer Burger (Happy Hour Wishlist)

Killer Burger
4644 NE Sandy Blvd.
No Happy Hour Available

Feeling a little cocky because my adventure with egg-on-a-burger at clarklewis was such a success, I thought I'd continue my weird-food-on-burger adventures at Killer Burger.  I happened to see it on my way home from the post office, and suddenly I remembered reading somewhere that they serve a burger with peanut butter on it.  Peanut butter, bacon, and pickles, to be exact. While the idea sounds kind of disgusting, many people on the Internet seemed to believe this combo worked.  I enlisted my fiance to come with me for dinner (even though they don't have Happy Hour that I know of, their prices are very reasonable).


I went with the peanut butter bacon and pickles, and my fiance opted for the Jose Mendoza, which had roasted green chiles and jack cheese.  Both were $7.95 and came with french fries, and we added on $2 diet cokes.  They also offer beers on tap, but I think burgers go best with pop.


It was pretty crowded in the restaurant with loud heavy metal-type music playing.  We had to order at the counter, but then they come find you when your food is ready.  We started out inside, but the music was not very relaxing, so we decided to move outside instead.


 My burger was...interesting.  While I didn't think the combination was terrible, I just didn't like the sweet taste of the peanut butter on the burger--it might have been more appealing to me if it was spicier.  I still ended up eating a lot of it, but I realized that I should have "girly-sized" my burger because it was just too much food for me. My fiance really enjoyed his burger--I tried a small bite and thought it was pretty good.  I think I probably should have gone with the fun guy burger (mushrooms and swiss). One thing I really liked about this place was that every burger came with bacon--usually you have to add it on for a hefty fee at other places.  I am not sure if I will be back soon, but I would definitely be willing to try out their other burgers in the future.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Nearly Meets (too crowded and music is annoying)
Value: Exceeds

--E

Killer Burger on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. There's one in Sellwood too now. I haven't been but that's only because my boyfriend went and said it was too salty. Coming from him, that means a lot!

    ReplyDelete