Friday, August 03, 2012

Piroshki & A Pickle Coffeehouse (Happy Hour Wishlist)

4237 SW Corbett Ave
No Happy Hour Available


I love piroshki. And anyone who knows me well, knows that. There's this place in Seattle. Maybe you know of it. It's only a couple of doors down from the original Starbucks. My family has been going there for years. Not just a couple, but since the beginning. Before the long lines started forming. Now I don't have to worry about those long lines. And I don't have to drive one hundred and seventy-nine miles to get there. Not anymore. Instead, I can walk. Or bike. Or stop on my way home from wherever...because there's a piroshki place in my neighborhood. And I LOVE piroshki.

Piroshki & A Pickle doesn't have happy hour. They do, however, have a case full of sweet and savory piroshki. And they have coffee treats and fancy teas. And they have pickles.



I've been in twice now and have sampled a number of filled pastries. Today it was mashed potato and mushroom. So good. This one was a flaky crust, filled with sauteed mushrooms and potatoes mashed to the perfect consistency. It might not look like much from the outside, but once you take a bite you'll understand just why it is that I love these things.


Last time I ordered the carrot and cabbage piroshki (which was good) but liked what my sister had ordered--something with egg and spinach--even better. And then there was the cherry piroshki that we shared. All of it was fantastic. I'm just worried that I'm going to develop some sort of addiction. Really, I think I already have one. It's just that I'm being very VERY strong.


It's even a safe place to bring little kids. I know this because my nephew--a six year old--was especially happy with the Russian Hot Dog. I'd eat one IF I still ate meat. They look just like Pronto Pups (something that I'm sure many of us ate in elementary school) and I remember loving Pronto Pup day at school.


On the hot days (not that it's really that hot, but the sun IS out), I plan to continue exploring the many flavors of iced tea they have available at Piroshki & A Pickle. When fall hits, I'm sure I'll move back to my usual coffee treats. And maybe sometime around then they'll think about adding a happy hour to their day. If not, I'll still be back.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

-b

Piroshki & A Pickle Coffeehouse


2 comments:

  1. Looking at your photos make me want to take a sip of that hot coffee:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! That looks really great!

    ReplyDelete