Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The Blue Glass Restaurant (Seattle)

The Blue Glass
704 NW 65th St.
Seattle, WA
 http://www.theblueglass.net/
Happy Hour 4:30-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday

My fiance had an appointment in Seattle, so we decided to meet up with our good friends who live there for Happy Hour.  The appointment ended up taking longer than expected, and we had to bring our dog with us, so that threw a wrench in our original plans.  Instead we ended up walking over to a strip of restaurants and bars near their house.  This ended up being a really good decision because we got to try a cool new restaurant.



It was a beautiful, sunny day in Seattle, and The Blue Glass was the perfect place to enjoy it because they have open garage door seating.  It also wasn't very busy, but that might just be because it is a newer restaurant.




The Blue Glass has specials on both food and drinks during happy hour. My friend and I both ended up ordering the margarita ($5.50).  This was one of the best margaritas I have had in a long time! It was the perfect balance of tequila and whatever else they put in a margarita, and it was pretty strong (but it didn't taste too strong the way that margaritas sometimes can). The guys had beer and hard cider (draft beers are $1 off during happy hour).


 

The four of us ordered a variety of food from the happy hour and regular menu: the cheese plate ($6), baguette ($2), two pork tacos ($3), two chicken wing orders ($5), poutine ($6), chips and salsa ($4), and the caprese salad ($13). I didn't try it all, but everything that I did try was delicious!  My chips and salsa seemed like they were both homemade, and I really enjoyed them (I would have liked twice as much!)  The pork taco was also really good.  My fiance's poutine was kind of an unusual version.  It was made with chicken gravy, and I couldn't really tell what kind of cheese the cheese curds were. I thought it was pretty good.  Both guys got the chicken wings and they both seemed to really enjoy them, but I didn't have a chance to try them.  I think the biggest disappointment was the cheese plate.  I didn't try it, but there wasn't much to it from what I could see.  The caprese salad got rave reviews from my friend's husband, but she mentioned it was, "A little intense," and wanted more basil.


Service was really great.  They gave us water for our dog (who we tied outside), and they were friendly and attentive throughout our meal.  Both servers were very nice and seemed happy to have us there. I would definitely go back again if I was in the area.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Exceeds
Service: Exceeds
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

--E

Blue Glass, The on Urbanspoon






No comments:

Post a Comment