Monday, October 22, 2012

Gracie's

729 SW 15th Avenue
Happy Hour: 2 - 6:30 and 9:30 - close

Gracie's is my new favorite restaurant. I haven't actually eaten dinner there, but I have sampled from the happy hour menu (in both the main restaurant and across the hall in the Driftwood Room) and the room service menu. I assume that since the happy hour menu is the same for both locations, they all share the same kitchen. And that kitchen is located on the main level of the Hotel deLuxe--the hotel that my husband (I can say that now) and I stayed at on our wedding night. The Hotel deLuxe is remarkable in every way and I hope to visit them again and again (perhaps every anniversary from now until forever).


We ended up at Gracie's for happy hour after our rehearsal dinner. I was going to be staying there that evening, so I thought it most convenient for me that we end the night at the hotel. The rest of the group made their way home following a bottle of wine and an order (or two) of fancy white cheddar fries by public transportation. (Lucky me, I only had to take the elevator up to the top floor.)


Gracie's--and the Driftwood Room--offer a bottle of wine for just twenty dollars during happy hour. They have both red and white available, but the wine itself changes now and then. The bottle we had was a Merlot that was both easy to drink and easy to share.


I had my eye set on a fancy champagne cocktail before there was any mention of ordering a bottle of wine to share. They offer all sorts of fancy champagne cocktails during happy hour for just six dollars each. And each cocktail is appropriately named to fit the motif of the entire hotel. Before sipping the Merlot, I finished a flute of Strawberry Fields.


Along with our drink selections, the five of us finished two (yes, two) cones of white cheddar french fries. The menu offers fries--your way--with plenty of topping options to meet the cravings of the whole crowd. Or, I suppose, you could enjoy them without all the extras. Sometimes just the salt is enough.

We were too full after the fries to make any additional selections from the food menu, but I know I'll be back. And I'll work my way through the menu. All of the menus. It is my new favorite restaurant after all. They've got great food at great prices, the most fantastic ambiance, and a sentimental connection that will bring me back year after year (if not more often).

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Exceeds
Value: Meets

-b

Gracie's on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny! This is my new favorite place, too! In fact, my boyfriend and I were there last night for happy hour.

    I've been there once before for Xmas brunch. The food was amazing (the French toast was the best I've ever had), the service was perfect, the atmosphere was comfortable and I didn't want to leave.

    The food we got for happy hour last night was fantastic. The star of the night was the salmon and shrimp cake balls. Amazing. So was the rose water cocktail I got!

    Congrats on the wedding. I was thinking last night that that hotel would be where the boyfriend and I stay for ours, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I am not a fan of this restaurant, but I think your description making me it's fan. Your love about this place reflects in yourblog.I believe it is certainly a nice place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete