Thursday, October 18, 2012

Savoy Tavern

2500 SE Clinton
Happy Hour 4-6 p.m. and 10 p.m.-close.
http://www.savoypdx.com/

Before we even started this Happy Hour blog, a bunch of us went to Savoy Tavern to try it out. We really liked the cheese curds, but we never went back for some reason.  A friend and I wanted to meet for Happy Hour on the east side, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to revisit it.


Savoy offers outdoor seating, daily drink specials, discounted drinks at Happy Hour, and a variety of food options (some of them are a little higher-priced for Happy Hour, in my opinion). They even have bike parking--how very Portland!


So I can't quite put my finger on why neither of us were that excited about Happy Hour here. It has all the elements that a good Happy Hour requires, but we both left feeling sort of neutral about the whole experience.  We both liked our drinks (I got the $4 house white, and it was very nice), we both thought our food was good, and the server was friendly.


I ordered the mac and cheese ($6), and while it was good, it was not the best I have ever had (Davis Street Tavern still holds that title for me).


My friend ordered the veggie burger with a salad ($7.50), and she said it was a really good veggie burger. She opted for the salad instead of fries.


So overall we enjoyed our experience here, and I wouldn't be opposed to returning, but we weren't completely wowed. Maybe the problem was that we didn't order the cheese curds?

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

--E

Savoy Tavern on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment