Friday, January 04, 2013

Broadway Grill & Brewery

1700 NE Broadway
Happy Hour: 2 - 6 AND 9 - close, daily

Long before winter break started--on a rainy Sunday afternoon--I had the longest list of schoolwork to accomplish and thought it best to do so over happy hour. Makes sense, right? So I met with my favorite math nerd and my husband (who had his own work to do) at Broadway Grill & Brewery.


I knew that we were going to need a place with lots of space. Broadway Grill & Brewery has massive tables and almost every one of them is tucked away in a booth making it a little less obvious that we were hard at work while everyone else was watching the game.


This place is the direct relative of the Old Market Pub in SW Portland. This, of course, is why the menu looks so familiar. We were just there earlier this year. I even ordered the same thing...but upgraded it for two bucks to make it more of a meal.


I ordered the Tex Mex Wrap, this time smothered with enchilada sauce and cheese. It was delicious and filled me up completely. I paired it with a Bloody Mary (only $2.99 on Sundays) so I was a little overwhelmed by all of the tomato-based foods by the end of the meal.


Everyone else at the table ordered soup. The daily special was a potato-bacon-something-or-other. It looked thick and delicious but was a little heavy on the bacon (and I'm not just saying that because one crumble of bacon would be too much for me).



The chili is always on the menu and can be served many ways. (Their menu is LONG...but you will quickly notice that some of the mainstays are built in to a lot of the other menu options.)


And since the word Brewery fits in the name of this place, it made sense that at least one of us would choose a beer off the menu. This one was super frothy and looked as though I might actually like it--if only it were as chocolatey as it looked and didn't taste like beer at all.

Service was exceptional at the start but our stay lasted long enough that we were there into the next shift. And without the proper hand off, we were left to find our own way to the bill at the end of our stay. Service was always a little inconsistent at Old Market, too. It's just something that you have to expect, I guess.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Nearly Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Exceeds

-b


Broadway Grill & Brewery on Urbanspoon








No comments:

Post a Comment