Saturday, March 23, 2013

Journey's

7771 SW Capitol Hwy
Happy Hour: 4 - 7 PM



Multnomah Village is adorable. I have thought so for years. I haven't, however, spent that much time exploring all that it has to offer. I know that Marco's offers a fantastic menu. I know that John's Marketplace has the best selection of beer in the area. And I know that Thinker Toys is THE place to buy toys for all of my nieces and nephews. But I did not know about Journey's. And after finding it, I want to spend more time in the Village...more time at Journey's AND more time wandering in and out of all the super cute shops.


We arrived at Journey's near the end of their happy hour. This place was CROWDED. But we were able to get our name on the list and take our first round of drinks out on the patio while we waited.


I barely had time to snap a shot of the wine menu before we were prompted to move back inside. A couple at the end of the bar was on their way out and we were next on the list. Sitting at the bar meant that we could watch those at work (both in the kitchen and at the bar). I am always fascinated by how well some restaurants can manage doing about a hundred things at once.


Having already spotted the Grilled Cheese Bites on their website, I didn't need much time to peruse the menu. I did have to choose between the three veggie versions available, but I did so knowing that I would be back again for the others eventually. Grilled Cheese Bites are listed on the menu in two sizes, small and large. The small is not small and is offered at a dollar off during Happy Hour.


The Italian Grilled Cheese Bites are made with whole milk mozzarella and a delicious pesto sauce. The sandwich is sliced into four easy-to-devour sections that allow for plenty of ooey-gooey cheese to melt into visibility and that make this sandwich easy to dip if you opt to pair it with their tomato soup. It is also served with a creamy garlic sauce.


I ordered the happy hour soup and salad combo (just $5.50) to go with my sandwich. It made for a complete meal--which is exactly we were going for. 



My husband ordered the Grilled Cheese Bites as well but went for the one that included bacon. His was made with sharp cheddar cheese and bacon and was served with a BBQ dipping sauce. Instead of pairing his sandwich with soup like I did, he opted for the larger house salad topped with grilled chicken.


And because we had overheard someone while waiting out on the porch mention just how good the salad rolls were, we ordered a plate of those too. They weren't on the happy hour menu, but were well worth the price paid.


By the time we were done eating, happy hour was over. More and more people were walking in just the same, and so we took our drinks out to the fire pit to free up some table space. We left smelling like a campfire, but having spent one of the first spring-like evenings outside made it worth it.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets (perfect for an inexpensive dinner)

-b

Journeys on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Love the village! You do remember that Derek and I are friends with the owner of Thinker Toys? Tye Steinbach even use to come and speak at our career day back when I was on the Wolf Team. Great store. Pretty much the entire village is a neat place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I do. I wish that we still had time in the schedule for career speakers. His was one that the kids loved...and not just because he gave out a few toys to those who asked great questions.

    ReplyDelete