Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Papa Hadyn

701 NW 23rd Avenue
Happy Hour: 3 - 6 PM, Monday through Friday
www.papahaydn.com


Twice now I've made the mistake of not ordering the Jojito. First at the Jo Bar and now at Papa Hadyn. How can I keep making this mistake? The Jojito is ridiculously fresh and satisfying. It is so very delightful the only thing that could make it more like a beach vacation is to be on a beach vacation.


Instead of the Jojito, I had the Rose City Mule. A twist on the Moscow Mule, of course, the Rose City Mule is made with Vodka and Fentiman's Ginger Beer with lime and Dr. White Rose Kombucha. It was tasty, refreshing, but not a Jojito. Must remember next time. Must, must, must!


Papa Hadyn was our third stop for Happy Hour on NW 23rd. We had taken it easy at the first two establishments, but still...I was stuffed. Thankfully, the people at Papa Hadyn don't hesitate when you ask for a "to go" box soon after you place your order.



After sampling the four cheese pizza--which seemed to be "cheesed" in four separate sections--we packed it up to go. It was yummy, but just too much. Next time, we'll have to reverse the order of our three-stop tour. As far as the pizza goes, the crust was my favorite part...which is also the most filling. And because of the cheese being spread out instead of piled high, every slice had a different flavor to it.

Papa Hadyn is famous for its dessert, so if you are already too full from excessive happy hour snacking be sure to cover your eyes on the way out the door. Either that or take it to go too.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

-b


Papa Haydn on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I love this place, one of my favorite Portland restaurants and somewhere I always take out of town guests. I usually go to the one in Sellwood, though.

    The desserts are amazing. I've never had a bad meal there. I rarely ever get a drink there so I haven't tried the cocktails but yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete