Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pip's Original

4759 NE Fremont
Doughnut Discounts: Weekdays, 3 - 4 PM (through the end of this summer)




Okay, it's not advertised as an official Happy Hour. I know, I know. I am supposed to focus on Happy Hours only. It is, however, a special discount only offered during certain hours. That seems a lot like Happy Hour to me, so I've decided to go with it. They serve made-to-order mini doughnuts and that makes me HAPPY. I think that counts.


Pip's Original is the cutest little coffee shop on Fremont located close enough to enough restaurants that it should be your definite dessert "go to" when in the neighborhood. And if you are there after four (at least until the end of this summer) you can benefit from a slight discount. When we stopped in, the mini Nutella donuts were the deal of the day.


I couldn't settle on just one flavor, though, so I ordered two of everything. Sounds excessive, I know, but they just had three flavors available that day. There were the discounted Nutella minis, cinnamon sugar minis (which turned out to be my favorite) and sea salt and honey minis.


I won't be able to comment on all the usual aspects of Happy Hour, but I couldn't not write about Pip's. It's too adorable and too tasty.

Food: Exceeds
Drinks: Not Enough Evidence
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

-b


Pip's Original on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment