Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Lost & Found

5426 N Gay Ave
Happy Hour: 3 - 7 PM, Monday through Friday
www.lostandfoundpdx.com



The Lost & Found is not easy to find. Or at least, it is...but you really have to know that it's there before you go. It's not one of those places that you will just happen upon (unless you're really lucky). It's tucked behind a few other shops just off of Killingsworth somewhere between Interstate Avenue and Greeley. Thankfully, for me, it's only about 100 yards away from my sister's house. Even then, I hadn't realized until recently that something had already opened up in the space that once held Palace of Industry. It was sad to see that spot close, but I'm pretty excited about what's taken over. And my sister is, too.


Happy Hour at the Lost & Found only includes discounts on craft beer and well drinks. They are both a dollar off weekdays between three and seven and again on Sunday until midnight. Thankfully, their food menu is already priced super low. They've got a long list of quesadillas, chips and salsa, taquitos, and mini tacos all priced under seven dollars.



The food was good but the cocktails were what I enjoyed most. And not just the fresh ingredients and mason jar mode of delivery. The names they've given their drinks are hilarious. Enough to make me want to try every one of them. Even the Ron Burgundy. And all four Golden Girls.



So far I've only ordered The Lost and Found but I've sampled many others. The Lost & Found is gin-based and mixed with lime, cucumber, mint and St. Germains. It was prepared and served in a mason jar as are the majority of the drinks at The Lost & Found. The largest of the mason jar drinks (at least that was ordered by any of us) was The Dorothy. The tallest of the Golden Girls, the Dorothy is a Bloody Mary made with Tecate and garnished with all sorts of goodies. It was spicy, but not to the point where I wouldn't enjoy finishing one on my own.


All quesadillas--whether it's with meat or without--are served with salsa, sour cream, and a heap of tortilla chips. They are ridiculously hot when they make it to the table so starting off with just a few chips is a good plan. A very good plan.



The mini tacos come with the same pile of chips but are kind of like chips themselves. Meat-filled chips. They come with the same dipping options as the quesadillas and are equally that much better when topped with a little guacamole or paired with some pickled jalapeno and carrots.




The decor at The Lost & Found kept me out of my seat when we first arrived. There are a few with price tags, but my favorites look like they are permanent fixtures. I loved the bicycle pictured below. I couldn't find my house on the map, but I recognized it as the Portland Bike Map. It matches the map theme on the Lost & Found sign behind the bar and the travel motif that's best displayed in the vintage luggage turned wall sconces hanging all around.



I enjoyed my time at The Lost & Found and know that with family ties in the neighborhood, I'll be back again and again and again.

Food: Meets
Drinks: Meets
Service: Meets
Ambiance: Meets
Value: Meets

-b


The Lost & Found on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment